In Puppy School you get trained as a human on how to think like your puppy. If you’re going to train your man to treat you the way you’d like to be treated, the same thing applies. You’ve got to understand how his head works – which by the way, is not the same way a woman’s head works.
So, let’s begin:
- Don’t expect your man to just know stuff straight away. Tell him what you’d like him to do or not do, in as few words as possible. Repetition of the command and the action is crucial. Always be consistent. Be prepared to be patient and don’t expect him to be a mind reader. He isn’t.
- Give him a simple decision to make and make it clear to him which choice is acceptable and which choice is unacceptable. Never correct or punish your man for not doing something he has not been properly taught/told to do.
- Take it slow, master one easy command to start with then move on and build upon it. Continue to mentally challenge and stimulate your man throughout the training process.
- When your man does something, anything right, reward and praise, reward and praise, reward and praise. Men are wired to want to please and the best way to train a man to please you is by making a big deal out of it when it happens. Treats in all forms are appreciated. The more praise the more good behavior.
- Never, I repeat NEVER try to correct your man if you don’t catch him in the act of doing wrong, timing your correction is very important. A late correction only confuses your man and doesn’t make any sense to him and can cause unnecessary drama. Confront with PROOF ladies!
- A chased dog always runs. The same applies to men. You have to get out in front of them or persuade them to come to you because you have something they want. Plus they’re hunters & curious by nature. You’ve got to keep them guessing to keep them wanting more.
- Work with the natural drives and instincts of your man. Find out what motivates your man, this will be an important tool in your training sessions.
- Just like a dog, don’t get a man if you don’t have the time to devote to training. Obviously some men require more training than others and all women are different, so no matter what, he’s going to need to learn how you want to be treated. If you don’t have the time or energy to invest in a relationship, don’t hop in haphazardly. You won’t get the behavior you want or the love you’re looking for.