Every girl has that one guy she goes back to, heartbreak after heartbreak and nobody knows why, not even her but for some reason she just can’t let go.
You get into a relationship and for some reason it doesn’t work out. You may spend a little time in sorrow or you may start looking for someone new but when it’s all said and done you call that one….Just like you can with your best girlfriend, you hang out with him without worrying about trying to impress him or having to look your best. You don’t feel that pressure, because you simply don’t consider him to be the one for you. BUT he’s that one for right now. For whatever reason he didn’t make the cut when it was his turn at bat but something about him keeps you running back when all else fails.
Don’t think you have a back-up man? We’ll here’s a few things to consider:
1. When you’re initially making plans for a night out, he’s rarely the first person you call.
2. When all of your plans for the night fall through, you find yourself dialing his number because he’ll definitely want to do something.
3. When you’re in a relationship, you completely fall out of touch with him.
4. After a breakup, he’s one of the first people you contact to “catch up” with.
5. You’re completely yourself around him (i.e., burping, not always freshly showered, hair maybe a little frazzled, wearing sweatpants) because you don’t really look at him in a romantic way.
6. If you don’t find “the one”, you kind-of think you’d be able to live a long and happy life with this guy.
If any of these situations apply to one of your guy “friends,” then face it, girlfriend – you have a Back-up Man.